Grandparents of Students
The Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program provides information and support services to help grandparents cope with their roles as caregivers.
- Information about available community services and resources
- Assistance in gaining access to community resources
- Support groups, education, and counseling for grandparents raising grandchildren
- Respite care (temporary and intermittent relief) for the grandparent
- Information about legal rights including visitation, guardianship, adoption, and formal caregiving relationships.
You must be 55+ caring for a grandchild or other relative under the age of 18 (caregiver CANNOT be a parent), AND you must be living with the child AND be the child’s primary caregiver because the biological or adoptive parents are unable or unwilling to serve as the child’s primary caregiver.
To learn more information about the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program, contact our office at (217) 379-9281, or by email at email@example.com.